My husband and I love to travel, whether it’s a quick week end get-a-way or week long adventure. We love seeing new places, spending time together, and learning how other cultures live…and eat. Eating a GF diet can be a burden while traveling if you’re not prepared. I’ve learned over the years to pack GF snacks, and sometimes meals depending on where we’re going. It’s helpful to have quick and easy GF snacks that I can tuck in my purse and eat on the go since most snacks out there are not so GF friendly.
Fortunately, cruising with Royal Caribbean eliminates all the “What am I going to eat?” worry and let’s me simply enjoy our vacation and eat fabulous meals, which is half the fun! We have cruised for our last two vacations and I can’t brag enough about the delectable food that Royal Caribbean offers, especially the GF options! From drinks to entrees to yes, even desserts, the options were impressive and delicious. Even more than the food, the attention, respect, and care to my GF needs by the wait staff was much appreciated. If you eat a GF diet and need a worry-free vacation, I would highly recommend cruising with Royal Caribbean! You won’t regret it!
Here are just a few of the delicious GF meals I ate on board the Rhapsody of the Seas on our recent Alaskan Cruise:
- Strawberry, kiwi, and pineapple medley with a sweet tart-lime syrup
- Spanish tapas plate including prosciutto, salami, Manchego cheese, and olives
- Oakwood smoked chicken breast salad
- Mojo marinated pork chop
- Thai chicken
- Rigatoni pasta with cream sauce
- Ivory chocolate mousse
- Pear chocolate crisp
- Creme brulee with Bailey’s and bananas
- Maple mousse
- Chops Grille: Caesar salad (sans croutons), filet mignon with Cabernet sauce and garlic butter broccoli
- Giovanni’s Table: Flatbread with mushrooms and prosciutto; pasta in raddicchio cream sauce with pancetta; chicken breast filled with ricotta and mushrooms wrapped in prosciutto with a Chardonnay-sage sauce. *Warning: This one of the best meals I’ve ever had but we had no idea how much food this would be! Worth every bite though!*
Again, every single meal I had was phenomenal and I’m so grateful to the kitchen and wait staff who did everything they could to eliminate worry from our vacation. We can’t wait for our next cruise with Royal Caribbean!
While I did not get any pictures of the food, I did however get some scenery shots in Alaska and Canada:
We loved, loved, loved this cruise! Add Alaska to your bucket list if it’s not already on there. Totally worth it!