Sometimes it’s nice to have those easy go-to meals that you can fix quickly and know without a doubt they’ll turn out great. When you eat a GF diet, it’s also nice when you don’t have to worry about extensive conversions within a recipe. Here are some of my favorite go-to’s that have minimal, if any, GF conversions:
Pesto Quinoa with Chicken
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked, then cubed or shredded (or grilled!)
- 1 Cup uncooked quinoa
- About 1/2 Cup pesto (I use Classico. If you pick up a packet to make your own be sure to read the label)
Rinse quinoa in cold water. Boil 1 & 1/4 cup water and cook quinoa. Then stir in chicken and pesto. Top with a little parmesan and you’re good to go. Seriously, that easy!
Baked Parmesan Chicken
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 Cup parmesan cheese
- 1 packet of Italian dressing seasoning (I use Good Seasons)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine garlic powder, parmesan, and seasoning mix in a large bowl. Run chicken under water, then dredge in bowl to coat with seasoning and cheese. Place in baking dish.
This chicken is great along with a few sides. It’s also really good cut into strips or shredded and tossed with pasta or salad, or both!
Chicken Tortilla Bake
- Go HERE and follow instructions for this recipe.
The only GF converting necessary is to use GF cream of chicken soup. I used Pacific Foods brand. Serve with a little guacamole and salsa and you have yourself a quick Tex-Mex feast!
And there you have it…3 quick and easy meals for when you’re having one of those crazy, can’t yourself home on time kind of days! Enjoy!